photo HeaderTwit_zps2444f7cd.png photo HeaderIG_zpsde8711bd.png photo HeaderPin_zpse2a2cf8e.png photo HeaderEM_zpsd2c26c6d.png

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Day Eight: You Mustn't Be Afraid

So here we are. Day Eight in the Ms. CourtneyLeighB Challenge

The basic theme of today is to never be afraid of what's to come, to strive for excellence in all that you do, and to never let your past stand in front of your future. Remember that we are never too old to make our dreams our realities.

There have been many times in my life in which I have been afraid. Many times in which I couldn't allow myself to move on, to begin a new phase, or to accept that things had gone differently than expected. 

There have always been many times in my life in which I have chosen to be different, to take my own path and to do something just for me, and no one else.

The words you are reading right now are a perfect example of not being afraid, and doing something simply because it makes me happy. This blog was (and still is) meant to be a place for me to document my life and the things I love. While numbers and page views are flattering (and don't get me wrong I LOVE all the truly beautiful support and kind words I have been receiving), this blog was started with the impression that there is a potential that my only readers will be my mom and my sisters in law. That in itself would have been enough for me.

You cannot be afraid of the unknown simply because it is unfamiliar. You mustn't be afraid to try new things due to the fear that you may strike out. You should relish the idea. A setback is really just a setup for a future accomplishment.

I am a firm believer that we all have the power to choose happiness. I am a firm believer that we all have the power to do what we set our minds to. I am a firm believer that we shouldn't be afraid, and that we should dream until our dreams come true.

How are you going to make your dreams a reality? Are you going to be afraid?




Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Instagram!
Follow me on Pinterest!
Something you want me to blog about? Email me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover