photo HeaderTwit_zps2444f7cd.png photo HeaderIG_zpsde8711bd.png photo HeaderPin_zpse2a2cf8e.png photo HeaderEM_zpsd2c26c6d.png

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Day Six: Give Thanks


Ms. CourtneyLeighB Challenge Day Six!


Where do I start on all the things I'm thankful for? I honestly could go on and on. I am one lucky girl, but at the end of the day my happiness and thankfulness comes from a set of words that I have posted on my desk at work. I look to these words to find strength when I need it, as well as reinforcement that I am blessed beyond words.


I see the word laugh and I am thankful for all the adorable things my nieces and nephew do to make my stomach hurt from giggling so much.

I see the word dream and I am thankful for my mom and dad who have enabled me to pursue my every dream and shoot for the stars.

I see the word embrace and I am thankful for my many siblings who day after day embrace my flaws, my shortcomings, and my idiosyncrasies, but continue to love me anyways.  

I see the word inspire and I am thankful for all the men and women who fight for our country everyday and work relentlessly to keep us all safe. They make me want to do more good in the world. 

I see the word dance and I am thankful for my girlfriends who stand by me, cheer for me, and tell me to dance through life like no one's watching.

I see the word conquer and I am thankful for Boston, the city I live in, and for all the resiliency it has shown over the last year. I am unbelievably proud to call this place my home and to say that we are all Boston Strong.

These six words, although short in syllable, are long in meaning. These words bring clarity to my life, peace in my heart, and meaning to my day. I challenge you to take these six words and use them to explain all that YOU are thankful for. 

And never forget to LAUGH, DREAM, EMBRACE, INSPIRE, DANCE & CONQUER!

As always, thanks for reading!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover