photo HeaderTwit_zps2444f7cd.png photo HeaderIG_zpsde8711bd.png photo HeaderPin_zpse2a2cf8e.png photo HeaderEM_zpsd2c26c6d.png

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Monthly Beauty Buys: December

Right after Thanksgiving I started a new skincare regimen.
I was in Macy's one day, and looking for some new foundation, when I came across a woman who worked for Clinique and convinced me to try out their three step skincare system. She was unbelievably kind and really did a great job at explaining the use of each product, the benefits of using them, and how they can help to clean your skin, prepare it for makeup application, and keep it feeling fresh throughout the day and night.

After asking me a series of questions and evaluating my skin, she told me I would most likely be "skin type three." This basically means your skin is comfortable in the cheeks, but oily or shiny in the "T Zone."

After using this three step system for a few weeks now I can honestly say that my skin feels so much more clean and refreshed each time I am done washing my face. The liquid face soap is super mild, yet it completely takes off all the makeup and residue from the day/night. The clarifying lotion I LOVE because it really allows me to see that there is no access dirt left on my face (I do a pump of the clarifying lotion on a cotton ball and swipe it across my face.) In the winter, especially in New England, it gets really dry with all the cold temperatures outside and the jacked up heat inside. The dramatically different moisturizing gel makes my skin feel so nourished and hydrated without leaving me feeling oily and damp like some moisturizes do.

If you go to a Clinique counter like I did they will ask you the serious of questions and best match a skincare system to your exact skin type. You can also do this online by going to their website and under "3 step" selecting "get started."

The three step system totals at $56.50 (which is absolutely worth the investment), but if you order the gift set you get all three products, plus three small travel sizes, and a carrying case. This is a $90 value, for only ten dollars more! (That's what I got)





For a while now I've been wanting to try out the original beauty blender that everyone has been raving about. The beauty blender is perfect for applying your makeup in a flawless fashion and taking away any access oils or dirt your skin may have. The blender comes in many different versions such as the original, the royal and the pro.

I just ordered the original and can't wait to see what all the fuss is about! I'll let ya'll know what I think once I'm able to test it out and really see for myself!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover