photo HeaderTwit_zps2444f7cd.png photo HeaderIG_zpsde8711bd.png photo HeaderPin_zpse2a2cf8e.png photo HeaderEM_zpsd2c26c6d.png

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Tips For Surviving College (and life)


A large part of my life at Boston College was dedicated to Residential Life, where I spent my time working with students and guiding them through the many challenges of college. As an undergraduate, I was a Resident Assistant and as a Graduate Student, I was a Graduate Staff Assistant. Both of these roles allowed me to have leadership responsibilities and at times an extremely busy schedule, with many sleepless nights. Although my role in ResLife was highly tiring, it was also highly rewarding. I was able to take my past experiences as an undergrad, as a freshman and as a young woman and really reflect on my life. Through this I was able to give advice, explain that indeed, life goes on, and truly mentor the amazing women whom were on my floor.
At the end of this past year I sent my girls on my floor a letter and along with my letter came a set of "Courtney's words of wisdom." While these words were geared towards that year's current freshman class, they should really be geared towards anyone who will listen. Take these "words of wisdom" with you and you'll go far in life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover