photo HeaderTwit_zps2444f7cd.png photo HeaderIG_zpsde8711bd.png photo HeaderPin_zpse2a2cf8e.png photo HeaderEM_zpsd2c26c6d.png

Thursday, December 11, 2014

What's under it all?

Earlier this week I turned in my final paper for my last graduate class EVER (yes I'm giddy just typing out the words!!)

My final paper was about how you define success. Something you'd think would be easy, but in actuality, due to the vagueness of the question, was actually pretty difficult to define and to write. Everyone has their own opinions on who is successful, and how we attain success, and I am no different, so I decided to just write from the heart. 

I decided to start each paragraph with a quote on success and relate it back to the course material and what we had learned all semester long. One of my final quotes was one from Mr. Feeny from "Boy Meets World." YUP, I quoted Mr. Feeny in my Grad School final paper.

"Believe in yourselves. Dream. Try. Do good." was said by good ole Feeny back in the late 90's and it has stuck with me ever since (come on, you know you're pumped that I just referenced Feeny, and that you totally wish you could sit at home all day today and watch Shawn, Corey and Topanga be besties.)

Anyways... With this quote and my final paper fresh in my brain, I decided to relate it all back to another concept that I've been thinking of all week. With the Victoria Secret Fashion Show (grrr) airing on Tuesday night, everyone had the idea of "what is beautiful" in their heads. 

Don't get me wrong, those models are beautiful, and they have some stellar legs, but at the end of the day there's more to life than striving to be a stick-skinny girl who walks in a straight line and wears giant wings. Like my Instagram post showed, sometimes you gotta eat the cheese fries, get the venti Starbucks frapp, and live a little. 

The way in which we define beauty is distorted on all kinds of levels, but the really sad thing is that we don't spend hardly enough time defining inner beauty. Our heart, our souls, our passion, and our grace is what should really define us. It is what's under that makeup, those skinny jeans, and those tight corset tops that really matters.

Put on the more flowy top, grab a pair of comfy leggings, and run a brush through your hair. I bet you no one would even notice a "difference" in your appearance if you had a confident demeanor and a killer smile. 

Meghan Trainor says it right in that "if you got beauty, beauty, just raise 'em up, cause every inch of you is perfect from the bottom to the top!"

So grab some cute pj's, undies, and bras and remember what your mama (and Meghan Trainor's mama) told you, "don't worry bout your size" :)

#1. Victoria Secret Mini Cheekster Panty // #2. Lilly Pulitzer For Hanky Panky Camisole // 
#3. Lilly Pulitzer For Hanky Panky V-Kini // #4. J.Crew Pajama Set // #5. Aerie Flannel Bathrobe //
#6. Aerie Flannel Boxer // #7. Lilly Pulitzer For Hanky Panky Camisole // 
#8. Lilly Pulitzer For Hanky Panky  Boy Short // #9. Hanky Panky Five Pack // #10. Aerie Bralette









No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover