photo HeaderTwit_zps2444f7cd.png photo HeaderIG_zpsde8711bd.png photo HeaderPin_zpse2a2cf8e.png photo HeaderEM_zpsd2c26c6d.png

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

2015 Resolutions

Stop the worry AND the hurry:
In 2014 I spent waaay too much time worrying about things that did not matter, while also rushing through my days and doing things quickly just to be able to get them checked off my list. In 2015 I want to make a conscious effort to not only stop worrying about the things that I cannot change, but to also slow down and take a moment to smell the roses. Literally AND figuratively. I want to spend more time outside and I want to experience things new things, things I never spent the time to experience before. This is a new year, and it is time to make some changes!


Drink up:
I am absolutely horrible at remembering to drink water throughout the day. There are some days that I get to lunchtime and I realize I haven't had anything to drink ALL day. In this new year I want to not only drink a TON more water, but also experiment with different kinds of healthy juices and smoothies. There have been a ton of articles out recently that discuss the importance of wheatgrass, green juices and probiotic drinks that cultivate the deepest cleaning and repairing that you can give to your digestive system. They say that this is the key to good health, so who am I to pass it up? Those of you who know me know that I'm not exactly your clean eating, only the finest ingredients enter my body, kind of girl, so this may be somewhat of a challenge, but if it makes me feel good, I'm willing to give it a try! 
(and if I don't like the wheatgrass there is always the mimosa!!)

Fail frequently:
I've always been a big promoter of the "fake it til you make it philosophy." Something I hope to continue in 2015. Sometimes we try things, and we fail, but sometimes we try things and we fly. I want to continue to not be afraid in this New Year. I want to try things out with the idea that nothing has to be forever. I want to be fearless and never have to look back wishing I had done things differently. As one of my favorite quotes below reads "Sometimes I'm okay, sometimes I'm not." It is as simple as that. Allow yourself to have bad days, to fail, and to struggle, but also allow yourself to stand up, to be incredible and to shoot for the stars. Best foot forward, baby! 


Less phone, more people:
Last night as I was reading an article to my roommates (off of my cell phone) about resolutions for the New Year, I came across one that talked about using your phone less and communicating with people in person, more. I laughed when I read this and gave a quick "yeah, NO" to my roommates because I am highly attached to my phone, but all jokes aside I DO want to try to make more of an effort to turn off the technology and turn on the personality. So much about who we are gets lost over texts, instagram and social media. When you are face to face with someone your true colors really shine through. 


Stop complain, dear God STOOOP complaining:
I normally catch myself when I'm complaining or being negative. Although I'm pretty aware that I sometimes frequently do it, I'm also aware that when I'm positive and upbeat I feel ten times better. In 2015 I'd like to be so darn stinkin' positive that everyone around me ends up feeling the same way too. I want to be that person that when people talk about me they mention my positive demeanor along with my spunk and sassy personality. Whenever I feel myself ready to complain I want to ask myself "does this really matter?" "Is this really worth my time?" Most of the time the answer is NO, so brush it off, keep on movin, and be HAPPY. 

Do you:
Anytime I was stressing in 2014 (let's be honest, anytime I've ever been stressing throughout my entire life) my brother Jared has said to me "do you." This is something I always just heard and let pass me by, but I need to take those words into consideration and really live by them. In 2015 I want to do what is best for me, not care what anyone else thinks, always keep my head up high, and remember that I have the power to decide my future. 

What are your resolutions for 2015?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover